Friday, April 3, 2009

What is a Wingwoman?

The term "Wingman" originated in the film "Top Gun".  It refers to the guy who backs-up the pilot.  A wingwoman can be even more valuable if she is truly there to help YOU get the girl. Finding such a friend is rare indeed.  

I found myself in the role of Wingwoman the other evening when I went out with two guy friends. One of they guys ended up meeting a girl and "hanging out" with her all night.  I left so I don't know how things turned out, but apparently he got home pretty late.

While I do have to give him his props, it didn't hurt that he showed up with another guy and a lady such as myself.  It made him look like less of a threat.  When I left it struck me that my being there certainly didn't hurt him, and that I've been playing this role all my life.   So why not share what I've learned with others and perhaps get something in return?

To read more about the term "Wingman" check out WIKIPEDIA.


No comments:

Post a Comment