Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Secret #1: She Works Hard For Her Money

So every few days I'm going to share a little known secret about the Artsy Girl.  A secret to win her heart...

Many women who work in the arts work long hours for not enough pay.  Especially if they are just starting out in the field.   And often they are under-appreciated.  Think, "Devil Wears Prada" if you've seen it.  This is a common complaint among many of my friends.  (Just to clarify, I am not saying this about my work situation.)  

So when you've been dating an artsy girl for awhile, and you see her after a day of work and she says, "No one appreciates me," she needs to hear some genuine encouragement.  Maybe something like, "They don't know what they've got."  Or try, "You are way too smart to be working there."  And there is the, "They wouldn't know what to do if you left".  Chances are she's heard a lot of criticism that day, so give her lots of compliments.  Then kiss her and tell her how irresistible she is.  Works like a charm... 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Brooke. I will definitely recommend your site to any guy looking for love with an artsy girl!

    ReplyDelete