Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Am Not A Madame

I told one of the art handlers at the gallery where I work about my attempt to set up professional men with some of my girlfriends who work in the arts.  In case you don't know, art handlers are the ones who hang the art for exhibitions and that pack works for safe shipping.

So anyway.  I told him about the course I'm teaching and his response was to tell me that I'm evil.  He said artsy girls are his girls and that I'm stealing them away from artsy guys like himself.  He also used the word, "Madame."  I am not a Madame!  I am not selling off women for sexual favors.  I merely provide opportunities to meet possible matches.  I set-up the a situation such as class, and it is up to both the men and women to take it from there.  I prefer the term "Yenta".

I do feel his pain in regards to increasing the competition for women in the arts.  However,  I reminded him that I have invited him to many parties to meet some of my friends and he has declined.  So its not my fault if he's not taking advantage of the situation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment